Recent Posts

Friday 1 May 2009

1st Recipie | BBQ Chicken & Rice

So as you can see I have been doing "1st's" 1st poll and now 1st recipe!!
It was my sister's idea to post one on here so I thought I could make it a habitual thing :)
I WILL say every recipe I will post on here will be easy and relatively quick, because I do like to cook but not if it takes 4 hrs a-la-my-mom. This 1st recipe is one of mine and Brian's fav & we've been making it for over 2 yrs!

...so here it goes...

BBQ Chicken & Rice


INGREDIENTS

serves 2 ppl.
2 chicken breasts cut in small pieces
1&1/2 cups of rice
1&1/2 cups of water
1 chopped red pepper
1 chopped zucchini
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
olive oil

___________________________________________________________

Brown chicken in skillet with olive oil for about 3 min in med-high.
add water + rice + BBQ sauce and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med, sprinkle with pepper & zucchini & let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Once all the water has evaporated you know it's ready to serve :)

ORIGINAL RECIPE

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeahy!!! Thank you for posting... I needed dinner ideas for this week!!! ;)