Recent Posts

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Italy Part Deu


Italy Part Deu


This post is mainly going to be photos, because well last post I wrote enough for 2 posts. :)

Love all of you guys who read my blog makes me really happy :)

this is when we landed, Brian was obviously already hit by the jet lag...



but as you can see, I was too excited to care about ANY jet lag!


First activity as soon as we got to Rome
LA BOCCA DELLA VERITA'



The outside of the Pantheon :)


one of Brian's last days in Italy we went to Leonardo DaVinci's exibition, and it was AMAZING... you felt DUMB just trying to understand his concepts, studies, notes, and models. They had TV screens everywhere in every room explainin geach different main study of his. You had to watch the clip about 3 times before any of it started making sense...





UOMO UCCELLO/ half man half bird



Brian playing with Leonardo's toys ;)


this next photo cracks me up for some reason;) it happened so naturally..



ok click on the next image so that it gets bigger and please-- and look at the SCALE of the people vs. the main altar (built by Bernini) in St. Peter's (aka: The Vatican)

PS: yes, that's the MAIN altar, as-- there are more altars within that church.


This is one of the HUNDREDS of rooms of the Vatican Museums. not to be confused with the actual Vatican. The V Museums are IN the Vatican but are a collection of priceless artifacts that the Vatican owns.
Do you see HOW LONG this room is, and not to mention the DETAIL IN THAT CEILING!?!
well pretty much every of the HUNDREDS of rooms has a ceiling much like this one---NO JOKE.


and finally... THE SISTINE CHAPEL
and my dinky "illegal photo". No photos are permitted in the Sistine Chapel.. but I dont feel bad having taken the next two, simply because I know that I DID NOT use FLASH and therefore the artwork cannot be even infinitesimally affected by me.




and remember the rooms with the CRAZY ceilings!? well this is what is hung on their walls: dozens of MASSIVE hand sewn rugs


Brian at the Mall :)


just your regular old mall ceiling...


at your regular mall next door


and FINALLY (for now) a very Sex & The City shot of Brian and I with the Spanish Steps in the far background !!!



EVEN MORE PICS TO COME!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm speechless ! For someone who has never been to Rome your photos must be the reason to visit this breathtaking city ! Thanks sharing, Vania !!!

bananas. said...

gorgeous! every single photo is GORGEOUS! and youlady are BEAUTIFUL! i now want to go to italy...right now!

Beth said...

super awesome! I am sooo jealous! I want to go now! :)
You guys are freaking CUTE too.. sure you hear that a lot right :P