Recent Posts

Thursday 22 July 2010

I never thought I would write this but... HONG KONG CHINA

Today has been unbelievable surreal exhilarating because we found out we are going to CHINA for a session. I never thought I would go to China, I guess I was putting limits on myself but now that it's concrete matters I am shell shocked with happiness. I feel like I am going to see a world that I would have never otherwise seen. What's more is that I will be with Christine and hopefully Brian too! and photographing up a storm!

Here are some interesting things I've found out about HONG KONG today:

• renowned for its expansive skyline and deep natural harbor.

• Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

• Hong Kong runs on economic and political systems different from those of mainland China.[12] Hong Kong is one of the world's leading international financial centres, with a major capitalist service economy characterised by low taxation, free trade and minimum government intervention

• In contrast to mainland China's civil law system, Hong Kong continues to follow the English Common Law tradition established during British rule.

The territory's population is 7.03 million

• Hong Kong is the worst city in the world's wealth gap

• Hong Kong is frequently described as a place where "East meets West"
reflecting the culture's mix of the territory's Chinese roots with the culture brought to it during its time as a British colony.[108] One of the more noticeable contradictions is Hong Kong's balancing of a modernised way of life with traditional Chinese practices.

• Concepts like feng shui are taken very seriously, with expensive construction projects often hiring expert consultants, and are often believed to make or break a business.

• buildings often lack any floor number that has a 4 in it.

• there are 7,650 skyscrapers in Hong Kong, putting the city at the top of world rankings.

• 36 of the world's 100 tallest residential buildings being in Hong Kong,[119] and more people living or working above the 14th floor than anywhere else on Earth, making it the world's most vertical city





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.