Recent Posts

Monday 15 April 2013

Ezra | 24 Weeks

Ezra is such a sweet boy. His bottom two teeth are now pretty much all the way out and leveled with each other :) it's so cute as they come out more and more to see them when he smiles :D
Yesterday he had the first mixed bottle of 60%breast milk and 40% formula and did great as if there were no changes at all. This means that we are beginning the weaning process. I had no idea this would be emotional for me- but it truly symbolizes that my boy is growing up. Damn that DID go fast like every one always says... It is NOT the same thing at all to breastfeed versus bottle feed. The bond ones he's latched onto his mama is so so strong, comforting, peaceful, baby-love. But nevertheless, we are weaning him- for practicality purposes and being able to feed him "on the go" more easily especially with the 2 European trips coming up. Also, Ezra has REALLY ultra sensitive skin that is aggravated by (I think) some food I must be eating that is getting to him through my milk. So I am actually eager to switch him to formula completely so that I know exactly what is getting in his system. NO COFFEE, CHOCOLATE, SPICY FOOD, NUTS ETC... even though I try to limit these things in my diet-- he might be super sensitive to one of them.

0 comments: