Recent Posts

Friday 7 May 2010

Fashion and Friends

So I am a dork. I found this site called Polyvore on which you can pick and choose outfits, accessories and more. I talked to Tori the other day and she made a comment about how to her, it seems easier to pick the "styles" and "outfits" for others but not herself... so it gave me and idea. I love to style things and I especially love me some fashion! So the conversation I had with Tori lead me to create outfits for my friends on Polyvore!



I started with Tori herself in mind; if I could dress her up like a Barbie doll this is what I would choose for a night on the town:



I picked and chose articles of clothing that a) I thought she would like and b) I wish I would see her in! I know my friends will think this is fun, that's why I am sharing all of this here.

Here would be Tori's day-time outfits:


When I thought of Tori's outfits I thought linear and simplistic styles with bold colors and accessories. I simply HAD to throw in orange elements because I know she could not live without the color orange or any variations of orange, in her life! ;)

___________________________________________________



Onto Kristian's dressy wardrobe picks:


For Kristian I had to pick a lilac, yellow, and teal because not only do I think those colors work really well with her complexion and coloring, I also believe they are classy and fun colors. My favorite parts, were the shoes. Every time I see Kristian she is always sporting the PRETTIEST shoes, so I had a little fun with that!

Now, Kristian's day-time outfits:



Again, soft and elegant colors, with beautiful accessories to express her inner girlyness ;)


___________________________________________________




I thought picking Christine's outfits would be easiest, that's why I did her last. However I was wrong. It was not easy. I felt I was not challenging myself enough, so I may have to redo a post about her outfits and think more outside of the box. Perhaps next time I should dress her up in purple sequence, she'd love that-- NOT!

here are my picks for Christine's "dressy" outfits:



The key thought here was soft color palette with a boho feel. Lots of sophisticated but comfortable shoes, and of course a cameo!

Christine's casual look was also made up of soft colors, a "boyfriend" shirt contrasted with feminine stalkings, tanks, and a stylish scarf.


2 comments:

Christine said...

I adore this :) hehe... Now the only thing missing is a shopping link to all this glory :)

Jess said...

I just saw this post and HOLY CRAP you nailed their styles! I'm blown away and how good you are at this!