Recent Posts

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Muse


I can't even really describe the feeling. I have just begun playing guitar, and man do I wish I would have started when I was younger and when my fingers were nimbler. I think the moment I was totally inspired to learn and to take on this huge endeavor, was when I saw lights playing her songs acoustically. I loved the way she used both her instruments (guitar and voice) to make up some melodic goodness. I was inspired. Then a few weeks later a song from American Idol became stuck in my head. Even later, while out with friends Seth played the guitar and for some reason I decided that was the moment where I would actually do it. I would learn a song or two.

Brian (although he'll never admit it) did not think I would have the motivation to do it. He revealed this subtly while at the book store I intently and discouragingly absorbed "Guitar for Dummies". I think his exact words were: "Discouraged yet?" and my response something like: "overwhelmed- yes. discouraged, not".

I am not the fastest learner and I know that, but God gave me the determination of a bull in heat. Yeah, that much determination. Wait do bulls even go in heat!? oh well you get the point.

Anyways fast forward a couple of weeks of guitar practice with a very patient and awesome Tori and I am on my way to learn my second song. What's wonderful is that it's one by Lights- my muse in all of this.

It feels so liberating to have found something that I am really loving that is my own. Who knows maybe I'll even put a song on here. yeah right!?

0 comments: