Recent Posts

Sunday 22 April 2012

14 weeks 3 days


We went to the doctor's 3 days ago and hearing the heart beat again was so relieving. This was the first time they used the doppler on me, and it took a few minutes to find the heartbeat as the baby kept moving. At 14 weeks the beat was 147, perfect. Still, those tiny few minutes (3-5) were the longest. I just closed my eyes and breathed slowly so as not to move my belly too much; but definitely many thoughts ran through my mind. I looked at Brian and he too had an anxious look. When the nurse finally found the beat, we took giant sigh of relief, and we heard it a couple of times.

It's funny how 3 minutes can scare you, and then a short moment of a heart beat can save you.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT IN 4 WEEKS WE WILL FIND OUT THE GENDER OF OUR BABY!!!!!!! Basically, I have to tell you, It's ALL I think about.

Last night I slept so lightly. From 4:44 am until 7:32 am ALL I could picture in my in-and-out-of-sleep-day-dreaming-brain was a piece of cake, with either blue or pink filling.
 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

That's all my subconscious mind could muster up. PINK CAKE, BLUE CAKE, PINK CAKE, BLUE CAKE, PINK CAKE, BLUE CAKE. The pink cake once even had THE NAME on it! :D

In 4 weeks there will be no more options and dreams about having either gender baby, it will be REAL. Whatever it is it is. Final. WOW.

We have the names selected, and so sometimes I refer to "it" in my head with either the boy or girl name. Sometimes I even pretend to have both "X" and "Y" in there and call them by their selected "names".

I love both names soooo much that I'll be upset to not use either one.

And because I MUST make these 4 weeks go by FAST, I am preparing my birthday party and making it also a gender revealing party. To keep me busy and make it special for everyone around us :)

Then right after that, the NURSERY PROJECT WILL BEGIN! pretty nuts! I should begin to order wall paper samples ;) 

 Thanks for reading and until soon ;D

 -V

0 comments: