Recent Posts

Monday 14 May 2012

Movements & Mystery

Mystery
In just two days we find out if the little dancer baby is a boy or a girl and I wanted to have a final blog post of the "not knowing" stage. Wheew part of me is sooooo glad it will be over shortly, because my impatience had almost come to a max.... but it also makes me realize that things are ROLLING! this is really happening! time is passing! and it's all so wild! There will be no more pondering of baby boy and baby girl names, or girlish wallpapers versus boyish ones. No more wondering what the heck really is in there... it will be FINAL! and ours. and so perfect either way.

Movements
I now feel the baby quite regularly and my stomach has undergone one of those growth spurts days. There have been a few days throughout the pregnancy where I just feel the stretching or see the "en-large-ning" overnight! ...ummm where did my waist go!?... and I swear it's measurable growth! in one day! each time!
perhaps only i can notice these growing days, but they feel oh so concrete to me.

The movements feel like a million things:
• rolling
• aliens are taking over my body
• hardening of one part of the belly
• sheer wildness
• like something is not normal (aka the body is not used to feeling THAT!)
• like your belly is really sensitive for a moment on the outside
• and finally, like every time a movement happens, you just wish the entire world around you would shut off so that you could enjoy it at the fullest ... everyone be quiet and stay still! my baby is moving inside of me!...

Sometimes also when I stand up too fast, I feel as if a weight pulled down suddenly in my uterus.

This is the best way I can describe and immortalize what this baby feels like inside of me. My only first child. My only first times I'll feel this. There will never be a first time again, and I wish I could just hug this pregnancy, just to say thank you.

So boy or girl!??!?!?! ahhhh we shall soon find out! I will blog as soon as I find out so to commemorate the feelings! and our reactions! :D

1 comments:

Kiki said...

Hello beautiful pregnant lady! I am so excited for Saturday. I hope, hope, hope that the baby takes a pretty picture for the ultrasound where you know for SURE boy or girl. What a lovely journal of everything you have been feeling too. I will see you soon birthday girl! Good luck tomorrow friend. Love- Kiki