Recent Posts

Saturday 1 September 2012

33 weeks


33 weeks is where I'd like to share all the things I'm grateful for in regards to this pregnancy: 

Although it goes unsaid, Ezra has been healthy, strong and an exemplar little fetus-baby ever since we've know about him since week 6! He made his presence known with two strong and sudden pink lines- with no hesitation at 4 weeks! At 6 weeks the doctor found his strong little heart beat without a flinch. He has continued to thrive all throughout and it's made us feel so blessed. He has never given us scares, rather, always reassures us of the strong miracle he is. 

Other things I'm so grateful for in this pregnancy are:

• I am glad I have not (yet) swollen up-- I really thought this would happen to me. For that matter, I really thought I was going to be whale-esque but I actually feel rather good about my body and weight. 
• I am glad I am not pregnant in my nose (that I know of) 
• I am glad I have not had constipation whatsoever, and yeah-- very glad to not have encountered the famous pregnancy hemorrhoids, yup I just went there. 
• I am thankful for no canckles!
• and SOOO thankful for no stretchmarks anywhere!

Besides the back/sacrum/S.I joint aches that I've had, carrying baby Ezra is a pleasure and breezy. I hope that is a sign of good things to come during delivery ;P 

I sometimes tell him that WE can go through that together, we are both really strong, and that we can help each other through that fatiguing journey that awaits us. 
____________________________



 
Today is my baby shower!!!! it's incredible. It feels like I will be attending someone else's. At the same time, it feels like it's my wedding day.  What a surreal day to wake up to. 

Tonight our house will be filled with so many baby items so unknown to our current reality.

At 32 weeks my belly was measuring 34 weeks (once again a hefty couple of weeks in advance) but I had not gained weight in 4 weeks! AHHH THAT felt good! healthy baby AND no gain weight! hells yea!

We've been taking baby classes and it's the sweetest thing how Brian, when hearing about how much pain the mother will go through, hugs and kisses me and looks at me CONSTANTLY. he squeezes my arm and kisses it, and looks from the teacher to me and back and forth and back and forth. Shouting with his eyes that he'll be there for me no matter what I'll need.

And don't even get me started on his reaction when they show new parents holding their baby for the first time, Brian turns into a complete giddy and melted mush.

Sometimes I think Ezra must be uncomfortable in utero or that he is just as bored as can be--- because he moves ALLLLLL the time. He never stops really. It's so reassuring, comforting, and wonderful for me--I wouldn't want it any other way--- I just hope he's comfortable in there!

We take nightly walks, in the cool summer air, and I adore that time we all spend as a family. I sure  hope we will be able to continue taking these walks once Ezra's here, even with the colder weather approaching! Hoping our pediatrician gives us the ok on that :)

Next post will be full of baby shower pics ! :D
 

 



0 comments: