Recent Posts

Wednesday 12 September 2012

35 weeks


35 weeks- SO close to the finish line I can taste it. This is when I believe we all get really anxious and just plain impatient to meet our little babies! I am undoubtedly feeling a sense of "readiness". We have prepped everything and anything you could imagine........ ok so there might be a few things missing (like the hospital bag, baby sheets etc) but pretty much we are ready to have our baby fill our house with love and baby smell :)

The weekends are spent nesting and prepping for Ezra's debut. Last weekend we prepared his entire closet, finished the nursery, yesterday we got his carseat installed etc etc.

I adore his room, it makes me so anxious for him to finally be IN THERE :D

While we are nesting and prepping I feel this "super woman" feeling like I can keep going going going and I can handle anything, a bit of a hormonal high perhaps.

The feeling of the week is also a one of "bring on the pain as that means progress". It sounds so strange; the previous weeks I tortured myself worrying about the pain- but now suddenly pain is a good thing- pain means a step in the right direction.

Last night, while sleeping on the couch where I go to change positions around 3-5am, I felt incredibly forceful STABBING pulls in my vajayjay. It was only 4 "stabs" but they were so intense that I almost wanted to wake Brian up by the second one... Obviously I was considerate and didn't, but I think if it would have been more than 4 I might have :P

I've also arrived at the point in the pregnancy where I actually SEEEEE how huge I've gotten. It's like the rose goggles have been lifted, um yeah I see the 34 lbs I put on now, all of a sudden, just like that. BOOM.

Most days I love the bigness, for it means Ezra is really thriving, some days not so much. At this point my belly button has not popped out yet, but man oh man it's hanging on for dear life! I honestly wonder how much bigger this belly can stretch!! jeez.

I look back at photos from week 20ish and I CANNOT BELIEVE i thought i was showing or that I was even merely big... those thoughts seem like idiocracy now ;) now that Ezra is as big as a large coconut.

I see his sweet movements and I always fantasize about what he might look while doing the things I think he might be doing. I swear one motion must be him sucking his fingers because it's so peaceful, repetitive and subtle.

 I feel I know him better than anyone. I know the way he gets hiccups when he wakes up startled, or  shakes, the way his feetsies kick my right side, the way he wiggles in his sleep, and the way he cuddles and twitches when he dreams.

0 comments: