Recent Posts

Friday 28 September 2012

37 Weeks

My little baby is almost ready to come out. He and I are both so anxious to meet one another :)

We went to the doctor today and discovered that I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. That piece of news came almost as a shock- and mixed emotions, even though I was WANTING that exact news.

The initial shock, then panic, then happiness, then pride, excitement, anxiousness, and more and more and more joy and happiness! then: "Brian, you HAVE to pack your bag!"

I am so proud of how on chart Ezra is, and so happy that things are progressing!

Our awesome doc also told us that he is sitting super low and that I won't have to push long! 100 more points for baby!!! Dang this kid is a good one ;)

This week we did the hospital tour and initially I was nervous-- seeing and imagining myself there- in a paper gown (but hey I plan on wearing make-up-oh-yeah!) but then we went to the nursery where all my feelings were transformed into joy. A handful of teensy teeny babies all bundled up and swaddled couldn't have looked cuter to me. As i looked at them I remembered, and it wasn't so long ago, where I thought newborns were funny looking-- but now these little guys looked like cherubs from heaven to me-- they might as well have had wings.

I inspected the size of them and thought "that's about right, that's about the size foot I feel nudging my side" ;)

I think the baby nursery should be where people go to chill out on a bad day.

After having seen the L&D room and its sterile appearance, I went home to pack 1 decoration for our room ;) just to add a touch of warmth to it.

Everyone comments on how the belly has dropped, but honestly I think that's just something people say around 35 weeks or so...

Our group of friends all made "bets" on when Ezra would arrive-- and only 2 people guessed that he would be 1 or 2 days late-- everyone else estimates an early arrival :D 

The big day is soon indeed.





0 comments: