Recent Posts

Thursday 11 October 2012

39 weeks

One week from today is my due date-- aka Ezra will receive an eviction notice ;P
Although I am completely anxious at this point, I do want him to cook in there as long as he needs. I have pretty much lost my patience and I hope I don't regret wishing these last few weeks to go fast. I hear that one can miss being pregnant- which I understand-- but also I think it's part of the natural process and phases of pregnancy to be THIS impatient, excited and anxious for it to be over. Because over means the start, over means the sight of my baby boy, over means the beginning. So yes, I do want it to be over, because I want it to commence.

The way he breathes in there now is so human looking, it's not the little fast breaths that I had been seeing for weeks-- now they are paced in and out soothed breaths. They are my favorite-- they indicate that a baby human is in there, ready as can be to join the world.

Throughout the week, especially in the evenings I've been having Braxton Hicks: non painful contractions where my stomach will harden like a rock and then release and repeat. It's not painful whatsoever but I kinda sorta wish it were so that it would mean the real thing!

I went in to the Doc on Tuesday and my blood pressure was a tiny bit high (130/92) so the Doc put me on moderate bed rest and ordered some lab tests. I haven't fully been following through with the bed rest though, because mainly I don't think that from ONE tiny reading compared to super healthy blood pressure throughout 9 months there is anything to worry about. It's not like I have it strenuous as it is.

Tomorrow we will go again and check for any physical progress-- if you are reading this, send positive progression thoughts my way :)

I cannot believe that Brian and I will FINALLY *cue the fireworks* have our baby so soon. It's been a long 9 months. I've been ready to meet our little love baby boy for quite some time.

0 comments: