Recent Posts

Sunday 20 January 2013

Ezra | 12 Weeks

We are beginning to see rays of Ezra's personality. Overall he is a placid little soul and just happy all the time-- which is a lot like what his daddy is like. When he gets excited he is just like me very loud and boisterous.

He is SOOO into his hands- almost like addicted to wanting to chew on them ;) who can blame him they are so delicious after all.

I continue to feel so undeserving and so blessed and grateful for him. His smile fills my lungs with air

I must say things are different and more challenging when having a baby. A few examples :
New Years I spent a lot of the night (at friends house) nursing him changing him putting him to bed and checking on him

My least favorite thing has been dealing with the heavy carseat when we go out!! Sometimes even if I'd like to go out the thought of hauling that thing keeps me inside.
Also when you put the carseat in the designated spot onto the cart I literally cannot see in front of me and I go through the grocery store "windshield wiper style" checking side to side if I'm about to hit something. Maybe I'm just short, maybe it's designed funnly or maybe I'm doing something wrong but it makes life harder.

So even if there are these challenges or better, inconveniences --I wonder how people with more difficult kids do it. I am blessed with an angel who puts up with me as I figure out motherhood.

I do always put him first not only because I think he thrives that way but also because it feels wrong and internally bad to do otherwise. I prioritize his schedule and it makes him happy but it also makes me happy.

Ezra has begun to swat at his toys! It was literally from one day to the next. I strung some bug toys across his play crib and he started touching them with his hands. So carefully and meticulously he studied them. Before having a baby I thought milestones were like "check check check"  but now I am realizing that its more subtle, all the milestones overlap a bit and take months to "master".

Still I can't believe what fast learners babies are.


I love seeing Brian so happy with him and hearing him say "I love you" to Ezra it always sounds so sincere.





0 comments: