Recent Posts

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Dreams, Hopes & Thoughts





Lately around our house there have been a lot of those, Brian and I have been talking a lot about the grand scheme of things... and It's amazing what could be in our future that we cannot even imagine.. it's beautiful and I am so anxious to find out. My senior year in high school , I will never forget this, I was going through some ups and downs trying to figure out what major I was going to be in college. I remember talking to my economics teacher a lot about my dad not wanting me to peruse art, although I knew for certain that that was the place i needed to be. My economics teacher clearly saw that I was right about this, and I felt good about this. Because he understood and my dad did not, so I did not feel childish and I was reassured.

This teacher said one thing that really striked me, because I felt like he REALLY understood me, he said that life is like a book and that I needed to go through chapter by chapter, and not anxiously skip to the end. Because that is how I am, always so anxious to find out what's ahead with a thirst that can sometimes prohibit me from enjoying what it is I am doing/experiencing at the moment. I try now, to catch myself If I do that now, but I think I am just an overly excited person sometimes.

Anyways, I went onto college with Political Science (strongly suggested by my dad) for a totally of two semesters, obviously hating it. I then, discovered that I really enjoyed reading and mostly writing, so I became and English major for most of my college career, still knowing art was what I needed to be doing. One of the many times I was strongly defending the "ART MAJOR" issue to my dad, he VERY UNEXPECTEDLY, agreed. I believed he said to himself: "what you are going to teach english to the english people"... (haha)
I was so ecstatic, and although I was slightly sad to have to leave Shakespeare & Chaucer (EH 495) behind, I switched to GRAPHIC DESIGN the next day. Life changed once more, my last year of college, when I met Christine and found (though her) my passion for photography. AGAIN, VERY UNEXPECTED.

Looking back those are the chapters in my life, little things that buit up to me having my own business and really living my life the way I want it, with my principles all intact. Because I really would have never settled having one of those "one among the masses" jobs... and so today I can say that I am really happy with all the choices I made, when i was 16, 18 and now.

Anyhow, Brian and my book, I can't wait to unfold...


OH btw, the whole reason I was going to blog tonight was to share this amazing blog I came across http://lightandwriting.blogspot.com/
it has some amazing DREAMY IMAGES, hence the title of this post.
Tonight I also got thinking...
try to imagine a world without photographs... brings very strong feelings in the form of tears to my eyes, to think if that'd be true.

0 comments: