Recent Posts

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Small World

Since my mom, my sis, my bro in law and Karsten are all away in Italy,
and because today was my only "free night" to do something, Brian and I thought it would be a good idea to go out to dinner with my dad. We chose the yummy Logan's, with it's yummy rolls which you CANNOT GO WRONG with! Anyhoo, my dad and I were speaking in Italian and the waiter immediately called it out and correctly recognized which language we were speaking. We always get "Spanish" so it was nice once in a while to hear the RIGHT thing. Anyhoo, he showed off his Italian by saying a few curse words, which we thought was hilarious. Then he told us that his SISTER modeled in Italy for 5 years, and that she appeared on "GRANDE FRATELLO" which is Italian for "BIG BROTHER" a pretty big reality tv show over there.
More interested, I proceeded to ask what is his sister's name was, and he answered VICTORIA PENNINGTON!!!!
I thought that was pretty cool... here she is "no-one" but in Italy she was actually pretty "famous". When he said her name, it all came back to me; I had heard that on the "GRANDE FRATELLO"/"BIG BROTHER" show there was a girl from Huntsville, AL
so it was all quickly adding up! Then he pointed to his family who was eating at the next table over and sure enough his (other) sister looked just like VICTORIA.
Anyhoo I realize this is not very exciting, but I thought it was cool that we are all connected like that and how SMALL the world is.
PS: Here is a pic of VICTORIA PENNINGTON:

1 comments:

Jess said...

pretty cool! I would have been excited if i'd had known who she was :)