Recent Posts

Tuesday 7 July 2009

"Just Because" Girl's Trip





There is nothing better than a "just because" girl trip... even if the real reason is we had an "unexpected business malfunction and we needed a break" it felt equally impulsive & liberating. We drove a total of 8 hrs to spend the whole day shopping at IKEA (& then H&M) !!! sighhhhhhh* swoooooooon and more sighhhhhhhhh* it was the best day from beginning to end. Woke up earlier than I ever typically do 7:00 am , drove to Christine's and then straight to
IKEA
..


these are some of the fabulous things I bought:







'


AND MORE MORE MORE !

We had a blast listing and jotting down the impossibly complex names of each item we just HAD TO purchase. Browsing through ALL the show rooms, fantasizing about an imaginary apartment we could own and furnish; and finally, rearranging pieces of furniture we owned in our minds to make room for newer clean & bright IKEA pieces.

I did not have much faith in our girly strength when it came time for us to LOAD the million boxes of semi-heavy to heavy furniture we bought. By the end, we were pushing around TWO carts of "nick-nacks" as well as a huge dolly full of the actual furniture.

I cannot even describe how free and giddy as well as COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED we were feeling in the store. We strode to the parking lot dragging our two carts, dolly, dignities and legs... While staring at the trunk of my car, reflecting about the logistics of how to make it all FIT, we saw the dolly slowly rolling away and then hitting a pole! Then, all the boxes came tumbling down.... Christine and I stared at each other with what I am sure was the same expression and then hurriedly ran to the cart to pick up the boxes to stuff in the car.

I then demonstrated my incredible & newly acquired "parallel-parking-skills" to stop the car in downtown ATL to shop some more at H&M :) !!! Going there was so worth it and after about 2 hours of selecting gorgeous articles of clothing, sweating, trying on, and also selecting a few fancy items for the men, I was still up for "round two". "Round Two" is what Christine and I call it when we leave the dressing room with the FIRST ROUND of clothing, start noticing NEW ITEMS that obviously were not there before therefore instigating a ROUND TWO of selecting, sweating, & trying on..
UNFORTUNATELY (although I very easily could have) we did not go for a ROUND two, instead we were conscious of the long drive home and started heading out....

Impulsive as we are, we stopped at one of the very first exits on the way out from ATL at exit 16. Because an alluring "Atlanta Bread" sign was making our mouths water we eagerly merged over and found ourselves at "WEST VILLAGE" on Atlanta Rd. This was to our surprise, a quaint, characteristic, and rich little area. We never did end up finding Atlanta Bread, but of course we also did not care one bit as we found an ample selection of neat little restaurants among which CREPE REVOLUTION.

We ate so well there. The waitress MUST have thought we were on a date, if it wasn't for me "casually" mentioning our husbands and how we just HAD to bring them back to the restaurant another time.

The whole day was fabulous and was concluded by an exciting car ride where Christine and I spoke about the business, new ideas, new goals that we will make happen in the near future.


ON ANOTHER NOTE... I dyed my hair RED and I love it. Tiffany came to my house and did it and she always does a fab job and knows exactly what I am looking for:




NEXT POST UP --> 4TH OF FONDUE! :)

3 comments:

A Very Berry Blog said...

"NEW ITEMS that obviously were not there before" HAHAH.
this was funny. :D

bananas. said...

love ikea. love H&M. love the new hair! great finds. sounds like a good day:)

Christiane Sandrock said...

I love your red hair ! It is exactly you !!!