Recent Posts

Monday 26 April 2010

From New Castle to Boston to Chicago to Nashville to HSV

All in one day. This past weekend was pretty intense as far as traveling goes. I went to New Hampshire for work, and I want to make a quick note on here to remember just how amazing my husband is. He is super awesome. I can't even absorb that fact fully.

From about 11am I was on a taxi, bus, several planes, and other means of transportation. When the bad weather delayed all flights out of Chicago, we consequently missed our connecting flight to HSV. When we consulted an American Airlines employee, she informed us that we were automatically put on the next flight to HSV, which would be late the NEXT morning.

I would not take it, I would not take ANOTHER hotel, another improvised night with too little toothpaste to go around, another night no sleeping in my bed, another night wasted. I demanded we be flown to a nearby airport--- Birmingham!? Nashville!? anything would do!

As it turned out, they were in fact able to fly us to Nashville that same night... and this is where my lovey comes in... I had to call him and ask him to pick us up at the Nashville airport at about 11:30pm... He drove 2hrs there and 2hrs back in the stormy weather and came to my rescue. I love him. On top of all that, I came home to a squeaky clean home, fresh sheets, washed laundry & done dishes. HE IS THE PERFECT HUBBY IN THE GLOBE!

Here is a quick Iphone photo I took of him as he drove me TO the airport for this same trip :) he's a yummy lovey.


0 comments: