Recent Posts

Monday 19 April 2010

Ok so do you want to know where we are going next!?

This is how it began...

Brian and I were at a local Fresh Market (Kalous) which by the way is less than impressive. The scarce choices hardly leave you wanting more, and the the value of the foods does not match its quality whatsoever. Anyways, I digress. As we sat and ate, we agreed that one thing we both have in common currently is that we are both in dire need of a big fat vacation.

This blog was started to only blog about the vacations that Brian and I take (HECE IT'S NAME -tripsunderthestars) and although with time, it has diverted into a bit of every topic possible and imaginable-- the thing that I am most excited about blogging is still trips. Crap, I digressed again...

As we talked, I fantasized about a far away land, and I surprised myself in thinking about IT as the first vacation idea :)
Brian agreed with this special spot right away, and trust me, he usually never agrees to ANYTHING right away.

I'll give you a hint: It's 11:42 pm in Huntsville right now, and it's 8:42pm where we will be going in June :)

Another hint?
It's within United States

Yet Another, you ask!?
it's capital is Juneau

THAT'S RIGHT!!! WE'VE DECIDED TO GO TO ALASKA!!!

What an odd place to choose for us, and perhaps that's why I'm so excited.
The way I figure is, vacations ARE supposed to be relaxing and all, but if you take all that time off work, and spend as much money as we all know vacations are; you might as well see a different place every time and explore this big beautiful world :D :D :D

The crazy crazy thing was that when we were initially talking about possible vacation spots that day at the fresh market, and after the fact where we concluded that Alaska would be IT, Brian looked up and saw a magazine stand by the napkins and straws holding travel brochures of Alaskan cruises. These were standing on their own, and no other travel brochure was offered. It was DEFINITELY & SURELY A SIGN!!!

So we are now in the planning process of this adventurous next trip. One thing I was pretty upset to find out is that we will most likely not be able to see the Aurora Borealis :( as it's much more common in the winters. On the other hand, Im excited to go sailing, whale watching, and snuggling on a boat with my lovey.

Reasons why Alaska attracts us:





I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE!!!

1 comments:

A Very Berry Blog said...

I LOVE THAT YOU BLOG SO MUCH! I LOVE TO READ YOUR WRITING, and what i LOVE the most is that i already knew all the content, meaning, I KNOW YOU BETTER THAN ALL!!! BFFFFF