Recent Posts

Sunday 13 June 2010

A Tree Grows...

Lately I've re-found the reason why photos are so important to me: they are the only "things/objects" that in my opinion are invaluable.

It's funny to think that to most people the faces and places depicted in my family photos are no more than strangers, but that to me these images would be the one "thing" I would grab if my house caught on fire. invaluable little things.

It's clear to me that we have most of our faded memories thanks to photos. I may not otherwise remember that one 10th birthday of mine where a clown and a magician entertained my whole class, if it wasn't for the pictures. and so many more memories as such.

Photos can take us back to a time we've never visited, but only heard of. More importantly photos are the only concrete means to remember those who have passed, celebrate these loved individuals, and literally hold them close to us. Without these inked portraits our memories would be no more than faded dreams.

In memory of Mrs. Cole's passing, I thought it would be wonderful to celebrate our families. I searched and selected photos of Brian's and my family in the past two days.

This is perhaps *THE* most important, special, and meaningful post I'll ever do on this blog :)

On the left column is Brian's side and on the right is my side.






2 comments:

Rosanna said...

E' la cosa piu' bella che potessi fare...e quello che hai scritto mi ha fatto commuovere!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post my friend. I got chills looking at it! So very sweet and meaningful. You have wonderful families. Pictures are good way for us to remember our blessings throughout life! Love you.- Kiki