Recent Posts

Wednesday 29 February 2012

6 weeks



This has been a hard week with work and I feel that sadly that stress overshadowed my joy.
I've also had a bit of a hard time connecting with the reality of it all. It suddenly seems so unreal that there is a baby growing in my belly. This is ironic especially because we heard the heartbeat this week. I have very brief moments where it feels real, but mostly this week it's just been overwhelming a bit.
At 6 weeks baby is as big as a blueberry! Huge! ;)
Well huge compared to a poppy seed that is.

I do still believe that every day and week this baby stays with us we are more and more blessed. Everyday is a milestone and a miracle.

I've also had some stress about my capabilities to be A good enough person for this child.
This baby is in every sense God's gift, and therefore such a huge responsibility. This is not our child, it's God's child, and God is trusting us to love and care for his child- huge responsibility-- so it's normal that I feel a bit shaken about taking are of such a huge gift.

I pray to God that he will instill all types of goodness, kindness, love and wisdom in us to be good guardians and parents to this human being.
Most of all I want this new person to be a HAPPY person.

0 comments: