Recent Posts

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Vegas & Sacrifices

I just came back from Las Vegas for work and I am learning quickly about sacrifices. I am already getting the gist that that is what parenting will be all about. It's funny how these things are introduced ever so gradually into a mother's life.

When we were in Vegas I was supposed to attend what is a pretty popular and fabulous party for photographers. I rarely get to dress up, dance, and be super social (something I quite enjoy), so I was actually looking forward to it. But as the night progressed I decided to listen to my body (I felt great, just a bit tired/sleepy) and decided that the days in Vegas had already been so heavy and intense, I needed to let baby seed rest. And rest we did.

It was a small sacrifice.

Sacrifices are also not eating what you want (fish!), not drinking what you want (tea!), slowing down when things are fast, and the ultimate & obvious sacrifice will be my body. These are all things I am happy to undertake with a smile on my face to ensure the healthiest baby growing possible. I would do this and more.

I find it interesting how subtly sacrifices and parenting choices have quietly bubbled up in my life.

Tomorrow baby lentil will be 6 weeks!!!!! This is a big milestone as we are now eligible to be seen by the doc! and "meet" our baby seed for the first time.

These past few weeks have been a blend of hazes of reality and surreality.
Most of the times I KNOW what is happening to me-- the grandiosity of it all. Other times though, when the world spins fast, I ask myself "is this real!?"

0 comments: