Recent Posts

Tuesday 20 March 2012

9 weeks 5 days

I have been wanting so many kiddy foods like oreos, bananas, pears, baby yogurt, anything sweet, pb&js etc etc.
I could seriously eat cake all day long if I didnt care about my body-- which I do, a lot.
I've actually been really good thus far in controlling what I eat. Before embarking on this journey, I didn't know that through pregnancy you only had to add 300 calories to your normal diet. That's only like a bowl of cereal and a banana a day (aka not much at all). So really I have been maintaining my normal diet and indulging in one or two sweets a day, but no more! I want to be able to look and feel good throughout this pregnancy, and my baby is being SO incredibly considerate towards me!

A deluge of thick blue veins have appeared overnight on my belly sides and breasts. It's like my skin is "ripping" Incredible Hulk style. They are just veins, but it freaked me out when I first saw them in the mirror. The veins design a map on my body that represents the most exciting trip I will ever embark on.

Last night I kept stretching (arching my back) needing to stretch out that way for some reason. All night long I kept arching my back as if to stretch. Really weird almost like a tick.

Thursday is only two days away but I have been dying for this day to arrive!!! We will see our baby again and that's all I want. Gosh I really wish I had an ultra sound machine at home so that I could see my baby every day if I wanted to ...

Until this very moment I hadn't thought about the fact that after Thursday I won't have another ultrasound to peek in there for gosh knows how many weeks... ahhh I dont wanna think about that. But hopefully feeling the movements of the baby by then will satisfy my need to see what's going on in there!

This process is really making me realize that I am the most impatient person I know. I may look like I am waiting patiently but I am just always wanting to make it to the next milestone. I think it's because as things progress there is more and more hard proof evidence that this baby IS IN THERE!

Right now only immediate family knows and a few friends. I look forward to 12 weeks when I'll be able to tell the world! :D shout it in everyone's ears!
I am not showing and I feel pretty much completely normal... my few symptoms are subtle. Yes, I know how lucky I am!

My gosh I just cannot wait to see my baby! He/she is looking like a real baby now, the size of a prune. He/she has completely formed the lips and the tip of the nose!!!!!! this drives me nuts, because I just need to see them!!!!!! :.)

Shortly after the doc's appointment, we will leave to go on a 10 day vacation to the Panama Canal. This will be so needed to just bond over baby, devour the baby name book, enjoy ourselves and soak it all up. It will also distract me from counting down more days! :D

The huge milestone once we will return from our cruise, will be that I will be 12 weeks! and therefore I'll be able to tell everyone about our sweet news.

I have a few trips planned for work in the spring/summer and I am positive yet nervous about them. I wonder how I'll feel. I am very much one of those people who keeps going through the pain. But I want to be sure that If I am not feeling well I will stop myself from keep on going. I will be going to a couple of place in the south, NYC, and Italy. It's really very slow work wise compared to any other year, so for that I am thankful. Plus NYC and Italy are my favorite places in the world, so me and baby will get to not only go there together, but shop for him/her a whole lot!!! :D

Also by then we will know the GENDER!!!! and that is a huge deal!

We've been slacking at name-searching for a while now. We have a LIST, but I still feel like I want more options. Our top baby boy name was recently used by someone we sort of know and it threw me off. Now I am torn.

For a baby girl name, there is a name that feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right, a name a found before I was preggo and just trying. Even now that name overshadows all the other baby girl names I compare it to. Soooooo we'll see!!!!!!

0 comments: