Recent Posts

Sunday 8 April 2012

12 weeks 3 days


well, along with the 12 weeks mark, overnight, a belly emerged. It really feels like overnight my midsection has drastically changed. Last night I could actually feel the muscled stretching while I was laying in bed... it's very strange, and then in the morning I felt sore, especially around my belly button. I can also tell that above my belly button, what was my flat ab section is not definitely tilted outwardly!!!

The baby is definitely making his/her appearance and I am really happy about this, I am just shocked as to how quickly things change in front of my eyes.

We just returned from our 10 day Panama Canal Cruise. This vacation was abundant with: relaxation, sun and food. loads and loads of food.

On the cruise I looked bloated for sure but nothing a big meal hadn't done to my stomach before..... or so I thought... wait till you hear this story...

I am a dessert eater, and pregnancy has definitely increased my want for sweets. I still watch it, but while I was on vacation I certainly did indulge!

I had two plates full of desserts for Brian and I to share, two sample platters of sweets if you will...

The dessert chef, who was replacing some trays, was out and about and I asked him if they still had the mini fruit pies I loved so much. He said he could certainly find some.

I waited for a few minutes and upon his successful return with the pies, he looked and pointed downwards towards my two plates and with his very thick accent asked: "is it a man?" and I responded " yes it's for my husband too". Then he continued to tell me how he knows it's a "man" because bellies that poke out usually are carrying boys... and I, in a shell shock, quickly said: "oh no, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl!!"

all the while thinking HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW IM PREGNANT, I MEAN I AM BLOATED BUT I AM WEARING A VERY LOOSE DRESS AND WHAT IF I HADN'T BEEN?!!!!!???

When I returned to the table where Brian was sitting, I told him about this happening and he too was pretty shocked by the foreign chef's bold statement! we thought it was pretty cool and very strange at the same time.

A few days later, we encountered the Serbian chef once again and I just HAD to ask him: "how did you know I was pregnant?" and he said that for a few days he had observed what I had been eating and looked down at my stomach and knew!

OH.HOLY.EMBARRASSING.

I was highly amused and even more ashamed by this response. Nonetheless, one thing was sure-- baby had poked out and that made me very very happy :)

2 comments:

Brian Morris said...

funny story but true

Brian Morris said...

funny story but true