Recent Posts

Friday 29 June 2012

24 weeks | 6 months!



Ezra is 6 months in utero! only a few more to go! :D 
 New development - I have changed doctors. I always had a funny feeling about my doctor- he has done nothing at all even bad-- but it was more just a feeling I had. 

I felt he rushed me out the door every time; mainly it was his "Laissez-faire" attitude that really bothered me. I once asked him if I could have direct sunlight on my belly (tan) and he said "yeah yeah sure sure" but then when I actually did lay out my belly pretty much broke out into a rash for a couple of days and ITCHED like there was no tomorrow! I just wish he would have taken .2 seconds to say "HEY your skin is stretching it might be more sensitive, ya know!?" 
Although it that is pretty common sense, I still HAD NOT THOUGHT ABOUT IT!
 and he should have mentioned something. But that is just ONE tiny example. 

The big one was when I brought up to him that I was  educating myself on UN-medicated childbirth-- In very few words he told me that "he usually tells his patients to get the epidural"... 
That just didn't sit well with me for weeks and stirred in my head... 

So here we are new doc!

I have not yet met the new doctor, but she comes HIGHLY recommended by 2 of our friends and also a business client who's delivered 3 kids with her. I've heard really good, consistent things about her- so I feel pretty good about my choice to switch.

 I have signed us up for 6 different prenatal classes! that might not sound like a lot but they are spread out in 2 months, 2 hospitals and 15 different attendances! ;) 

Let's just say I'd rather be over prepared when it comes to baby ;) 

 Ezra now ripples! or well he makes my stomach ripple.... so cool and weird!  
 I think the fun part at this stage is that with the movements, I really get a good sense for how BIG he is! the size of a cantaloupe or an ear of corn they say. 

Last night I was sweetly awoken by his little kicks throughout the night a couple of times--
the kicks felt as if he was hinting at me to go empty my bladder to make a little more room for him! ;) 

Sleeping has become a technique. I still sleep very well, it's just that the pillow arrangement around my body has to be a very particular way: 

2 pillows under my head (sometimes 3) 
1 pillow between thighs
1 thin pillow right under my belly
1 pillow to hug around with my arms

seriously. 

Oh and we have a QUEEN bed! ;P


Overall I still feel great- i don't feel like a huge giant whale yet and am still to even touch maternity clothes-- the goal is to never do that actually. I have been buying and wearing maxi dresses for the past 6 months-- but in this weather, that's all I'd wear anyways. 

Once the cool temps come I think I will just layer sweaters on top of those maxis and prolong their seasonal life... 


Anyhoo that's all for now. 

0 comments: