Recent Posts

Thursday 5 July 2012

25 weeks


25 weeks today- things definitely start feeling very imminent at this stage. 
 Ezra is as big as an eggplant and it totally feels like it too! :) 

He is so big and his movements get cooler and cooler. Because of his size, I never feel alone, but always accompanied by a little person. My favorite type of movement is when he will kick and punch almost simultaneously so that I can really feel his length across my stomach! The other day I could have sworn I had little feet kicking across towards one side, while his head and hands were on the complete opposite side of me.

His movements feel much more intentional now, and I hope I'm not being "THAT MOM" when I say this, but I can totally tell that when I touch my belly he moves more than when others touch it! I'm so serious. Can babies sense a different touch? I don't know but it sure seems that Ezra can ;) 

His movements in a way also feel more coordinated. Another fabulous happening in the "feeling him" news, is that I feel more of his "surface" not just a hand or foot thumping; I can actually feel his surface :) only inches away from my hands. 

I have been asked by some people why pregnant women "touch their bellies so much?" 
I would say there are two answers to that:

a) Um, if you had a little person growing inside of you and changing every day  you would be touching that too?!

or

b) I think a mother is always in search for her baby inside her; seeking and striving to connect and communicate with him.



-----

In other baby news, we are at a really good stage with the nursery and playroom. I even made a pillow for Ezra, look! ( I plan on making at least 2 more ;)


His play room will be fun, whimsical and colorful - while his nursery is rustic, chic and soothing

Today Ezra's gender reveal party and NAME reveal were featured on Onto Baby Blog:





0 comments: