Recent Posts

Thursday 19 July 2012

27 Weeks | End of 2nd Trimester!!



Wow. Only 1 trimester to go. But I am so ready!
I already feel like I know Ezra with all his little habits :) The thing that I am so very incredulously amazed with is HOW RESPONSIVE Ezra is to MY touch. Not anyone else's touch, not even his daddy's. When I rub my tummy, I obviously know exactly where he is tucked in or sprawled out and when I rub he starts responding by kicking or touching my hand back! AWE STRUCK. I had no idea babies in utero could literally respond and communicate to outside touch. But it's no coincidence----it's almost 100% of the times. I touch and he responds back. DEFINITELY my favorite thing about pregnancy.

The best is when he's up there towards my abs, where there is less fat and I can feel him just millimeters away!

Yesterday, I had a very weird episode of what i think was Braxton Hicks. It's hard for me to describe what happened because I felt hazy. Basically I was cramping on my left side, a constant cramp- not a discomfort that came and went. I tried to completely ignore it, but it seemed to linger and not ease up. I was alone at home and Brian was not answering his phone, so that made me quite nervous.
I tried my hardest to relax, lay down, listen to music, but nothing--- the cramp (mainly on my left side shooting from my cervix to my stomach) persisted. I walked around, peed, laid down again, drank water-- nothing seemed to ease the weird cramp. So I ended up calling my doctor and the nurse suggested I come in to get checked out. By now it had been about 50 minutes of this. I met Brian along the way on the way to the hospital, but by the time I met him, it was like the cramp had melted away. It was gone all at once. So I called the nurse back and said that I now felt fine.

It was pretty odd though, because at one point the feeling was so uncomfortable that I could barely walk or lift my left leg... I am pretty sure it was Braxton Hicks.

I told Ezra that even though I know how anxious we both are to meet each other and even though  the world IS big and beautiful and there is a lot to see, he needs to stay in there for just a few more weeks. When I had that talk with him, my belly relaxed and the Hicks faded away.

Maybe he was just missing his daddy who knows. I think it's pretty incredible how the body gets a woman ready for labor though--- I hear BH are nothing like the real thing, but still, to even get a glimpse into the panic of labor I think mentally helps women.

Besides that episode, I've just been feeling heavier-- well obviously and also at 25 week my belly was measuring 27 weeks-- He's growing like a weed :) and it makes me happy :)

Last night Brian and I had so much fun just watching my belly rock and twitch from his movements. His most active times right now are 10am and 8:30pm :) So I can always count on some bonding time around those hours :)

In one week and one day we get to do the 4d ultrasound!!!!! I think that's INSANE! to be able to see HIS FACE ! the face I've been so intently trying to imagine since we were told "it's a boy".

Brian and I were not the cutest babies to be honest... we had to grow into our features. But I just think Ezra will be pure angelic perfection. Oh lord I'm THAT mom already! 

Next post you will see will be OF HIS FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the most important little face in my world.

1 comments:

Brian Morris said...

he responds to my stories? :-)