Recent Posts

Friday 27 July 2012

28 weeks | 7 months!!!


7 months...7 months!

that's quite pregnant if you ask me!

I definitely feel that this is a different stage of pregnancy emotionally and mentally. It all feels so "right around the corner".

Ezra keeps being perfect and wonderful in my belly with his squirmish rock n roll movements that I love so much.

It all just feels so imminent, as if I will blink and it will be October.

I just cannot wait for the weather to cool down. I would say I've done a pretty good job at keeping cool and swollen down during the hottest summer in Alabama in 30 years. I give props to myself for that. We take nightly walks only when the sun's gone down, and if I'm outside I'm submerged in a pool somewhere.

Tomorrow we get to see the unspeakable: my baby's face! his FACE! All the features and skinscapes my mind is too simple to be able to fantasize about. I've been trying not to think about this appointment too much, just not to spoil the grandiosity of it! But boy oh boy, I know just what a big deal this is!

Laying down is getting harder. In bed, when I try to move from one side to the other, I feel like I am 1000lbs. But overall sleep is still pretty good.

I am informing myself as much as possible about childbirth, and I am actually SO thankful I've witnessed one in real life ;) (you know who you are ;)
I feel decently prepared as to what to expect, and I feel safely surrendered to fate. I won't be able to help how the baby's positioned, or how long my labor will be, what type of birth I will have-- but I feel positive that I can face any scenario, where my baby is safe, positively.

I really believe that as with anything in life, the way things are meant to unfold will be so, and therefore, I am very open to whatever and however "our birth story" will be.

Obviously I have preferences and opinions and we will try our best to be able to direct events to our preference.

We've been reading to Ezra at night, in Italian. It's a special bonding time for B and I, and I like the idea of baby hearing daddy's voice.

I sometimes force Brian to keep his hands on my belly for as long as possible, because I desperately want him to feel exactly all the moves I feel-- there are several types and I think he's felt them all. Well you know, besides feeling him from the inside ;P

I couldn't imagine being a man and not touching the belly a lot--as the moves progress-- then all of a sudden- they put a baby in your arms! I feel this way at least, he faces hard proof evidence of a squirmish baby, his habits, personality, and thinks about him as a real person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today we were able to see Ezra's beautiful face for the first time ever... and it really is just that: beautiful. His babyscapes are scrumptious, and just as I thought, he looks just like his daddy! :D
 Maybe he'll star as Edward in the remake of Twilight one day-- he's THAT handsome... ok I might have just gone too far... ;)
But seriously LOOK at him!!!!!!!


whatdiditellyou!??!?! look at his LIPS! so flawless! And look at that foot, which will become the most photographed foot ever!?!? so perfect! 

Baby feet are seriously one of the reasons I wanted to have a baby :P ...

Everything was perfection at our appointment today- perfect blood pressure, my weight was good, Ezra cooperated in showing his handsome face... 

but guess what?! we found out that yet again my belly is measuring 3 WEEKS ahead of schedule (I am 28 weeks and it measures 31)... I just think someone is ready to come out into the world ;)

It occurred to me yesterday, and this may get a little cheesy for you, so be warned... that : Ezra is already IN this world... I just get to be the vessel that takes him from God, where he came from, to earth, where he is going. If you really have ever had that feeling sink in, it's overpowering. 

----------








0 comments: