Recent Posts

Thursday 25 July 2013

Ezra | 39 Weeks | 9 Months!

Angel crawls, CLAPS HIS HANDS! stands & eats hummus! this morning he said "MAMMA" and it was definitely TO ME! :.) it was the sweetest sound...Brian and I looked breathless at each other when that word came out of his mouth!

Breastfeeding News: We went cold turkey-- beginning yesterday I will only breastfeed him in the AM. Yes he still doesn't like the bottle, but after 3 months of trying so "placidly" and talking to his doctor, we decided that we had to take drastic measures... he's been doing well, but he definitely will need to get used to getting more liquids through his sippy -- the first day we went cold turkey he did 3oz, yesterday 6oz--today he did 8oz so hopefully it will take on...

In the meantime my breasts were crazy! last night I had to pump just a little bit because I was afraid to get engorged... through the night I was in pain and slept horribly with nightmares of my breasts falling off when taking my bra off.

We are only keeping the morning feeding for a while because I enjoy it and to make it a tat more gradual on everyone, but besides that he is on full solids. He will have a meat and veggie and hummus for lunch with a couple of fruit snacks through the day-- he definitely eats a lot!!! maybe even too much ;P - so that part consoles me. I can't deny that after 9 months, after every feeding of his life being attached to my body, there aren't some mixed feelings on my end. I think about the benefits of breastfeeding but instead of thinking of that I am not giving him as many of those benefits anymore, I have to think about it as I have GIVEN him those benefits for a very long time. So yes a bit emotional, but I am convinced this is the right time to wean 100%.

Ezra is so so smart-he is so soft like a yoghurt puff. I wish I could bottle all his cute things at this stage.His dancing is one of my favorite things-- the sound of his giggles are otherworldly.

0 comments: